psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I am currently in a relationship with a woman that has been

I am currently in a relationship with a woman that has been divorced 3 times. The last divorce was 11 years ago and we cannot spend any time together without her conversations
turning to past issues with her ex-husbands. I am, nor could I be anything like how she discribes them. She seems void of the ability to be intimate with me and always has some
plan on how we will have a wonderful evening and spend the night together. It don't happen.
I know I can't change her past issues but would I be foolish attempting to provide her with a
balanced and loving future or is her anger about her past always take priority?

It sounds like she has not worked past the ex and I am afraid that she is not making progress in that area. If you have told her then she chooses to do this. You only have a few choices. You can wait it out hoping that she eventually can move on, You can remind her that you don't have to deal with that relationship and she needs to move on now. Or you can accept that she isn't ready for a new relationship because she has not gotten over him. Anger even at someone else has no place in a relationship. Your heart has to be open to receive a new person and not with one eye over your shoulder rehashing your past. You have to decide if you are happy enough now to put up with

her anger. I don't think some people would be

If this is helpful press accept