Rev.Dr. August Abbott
Rev.Dr. August Abbott, Clergy
Experience:  Ordained minister: Counselor (spiritual/life)
1604863

My gf(well ex gf) doesnt know how she feels about me(well says

My gf(well ex gf) doesnt know how she feels about me(well says she doesn't) she had another bf for about three days and broke up with him and took me to homecoming. To find out how she feels about me is a good idea to go out with someone else to try and spark jelousy?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Rev.Dr. August Abbott replied 2 years ago.
-- What you're doing are all the things that send mixed messages and rarely accomplish anything good.

You see, jealousy is an emotion as far from 'love' as it gets. Husbands (or wives) who have divorced and can't stand each other, still feel jealous when the other one finds someone else. It's not that they want the person; they just don't want to feel they are easily replaced.

So promoting jealousy is not just a waste of time, but it's a negative feeling that grows nothing good, nothing healthy or lasting.

-- By paying less attention to her you are giving her the opportunity to move on. That's nice if you mean it, but if you're hoping to have her in your life, this isn't the way.

--- Talking is something underrated as a tool within the human race. It's very difficult to hate or judge something once you understand it. It's the misunderstandings that escalate to feuds, wars and bursts of acting out in anger.

If you have feelings for this girl, you need to sit down in person, one on one and lay it out on the table.

Tell her what you feel; how you feel when she does certain things or says things and then, sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX your part in everything.

Ask her where it goes from here and be prepared to accept whatever she says, with grace and dignity.

Hold your head up high, wish her all the best and without another word, leave the area.

Then fight any urge to say anything unkind, but get on with your life.

There's someone out there for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me any way to make sure what she tells me is true ive heard some talk from her close friends that there might be other guys she might be attracted to. I beleive she's giving me false information to avoid hurting my feelings.
-- There is no way to know 'for sure' other than sitting down and having an honest heart to heart. Sometimes you need to trust your heart. Not 'gossip'. And though friends and others might mean well, while some might not - a relationship is between two people and these are the two who need to do the talking.

Keep it real, keep it simple and keep it between the two of you

Rev.Dr. August Abbott, Clergy
Experience: Ordained minister: Counselor (spiritual/life)