psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

help !!!!! anyone listening. would like some advice from a

help !!!!! anyone listening. would like some advice from a professional.i was in a 14 year relationship, she hea her place i had mine, we grew apart and i met someone else while i was still seeing my old girlfriend. cheryl the new girl i met and would see kept telling me she loved me and i did and still do love her, she waited and wanted me to move forward and dump my old girl friend. i finally did after 6 or 7 months. when i did she took a step back, started dating other poeple , still says she wants to have a future with me, but says she needs time, drops me texts saying thinking of me, but i have to initiate them first. i want to text her all the time, but knows she pick and chooses at her convienance. i am successful and goodlooking with no baggage, no kids, never been married, i am 47 she is 48. great chemistry togeather. i love her, but dont know what to do. it is hard. she has 3 kids, was married for 16 years, and had just gotten out of a 3 year relationship where he lived with her.

If you feel this has been a respectable amount of time then she may need time. However at some point you have to consider that enough is enough. You can't wait for someone forever regardless of how great they are. It doesn't matter how great someone is if they can't make up their mind. I fear that she is milking this relationship as a way to stay single. It's not fair to have someone holding on while you conduct your life. I don't think you are being treated fairly. If you feel your needs are not being met it is probably best to move on. If she was alarmed by the disclosure that you are tired of waiting then she would make a decision. At least then you would know for sure.

If this is helpful press accept