Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.

hi i have known this guy for sometime but most recently started

hi i have known this guy for sometime but most recently started talking and get on really well the problem is he is just going through a divorce so am i his rebound. I am single but did get into a relationship but not going well and I have been trying to tell him I am no longer interested. I don't know whether i should tell this guy about the relationship so i have not been dishonest before we get any more involved or leave it and see what happens. I do know I have to tell the guy i am in a relationship it's over. we do nothing but argue even before I started talking to this new guy. hope makes sense
The one thing I want you to do is be very sure you do not want to be with your partner you are with right now. Some times when you meet someone knew it gives you a reason to get out of the current relationship you are in. But I want to make sure you are ending it for the right reasons because you don't want to break up and then realized you still want to be together. The other guy is going through a divorce which everyone needs time to heal from a divorce and an ended relationship. Some times when the divorce is final the person tends to back off and not want to get involve because they are not ready for a relationship because they have not come to terms with this marriage being over. Tomorrow I want you to wake up and picture the person you are with Noe no longer being in your life. Think about how you would feel. If you are arguing all the time, there might be something your partner need to talk about there could be something going on that your partner needs to discuss. But I want you always to do what is best for your life. You have to be happy. This is your choice and you will make the rift decision for you. You know your feelings and who you care about and want to be with.