psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I was in a 2 year relationship with a guy, we broke up last

Customer Question

I was in a 2 year relationship with a guy, we broke up last year and now this year he is getting married, how can he just move on so quickly and I am still grieving?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

Everyone move son in their own time. Even the choices we make in moving on can lead to what is a greater ability to have relationships compared to someone else. For instance you in your pain probably did not seek out sexual partners or relationships. He may process his grieve by jumping into the dating scene and meeting someone fairly early. These two ways of dealing with pain can result in being receptive to relationships at different points. No one can say why he moved on only that he did. Your style may be to feel very emotional while his might be to seek out sexual relationships and block the pain out. People even have different levels of pain. No one can say if the marriage is going to be successful. Maybe he moved on too fast. Maybe he is rushing into that as a way to move on and not making the best decision. Don't assume because he is marrying that he has a clear head. It is painful to know that he is making a commitment but you don't know if that commitment is as solid as it should be.

If this is helpful press accept

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just wasn't too helpful but thank you anyway.
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
I am here to help. If you want I can opt out and you can talk to someone else.