psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I feel so upset with myself. I love my husband and 4 children

I feel so upset with myself. I love my husband and 4 children desperately but am struggling and have been for a couple of years to show any real tenderness towards my husband. He tells me that I never touch him and that sex between us is rare and has become more and more infrequent over the past 5 years. I have been thinking about this for a few days now and he is right in what he says and yet I know I love him and can't work out what is wrong with me. I trained to be a secondary teacher last year and am now working my NQT year. I am successful in my classroom and yet at the same time I feel completely inadequate in my position. I also feel the same in all aspects of my home life. My marriage is in serious trouble and my children tell me I get cross with them all of the time and shout - my husband agrees with them and yet I can honestly say I don't think that is the case. I think I need to go and visit my gp but don't really want to go on any tablets what could you suggest? Thanks
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

There are many possibilities that could shed light on this. You could have a mild depression that is effecting other areas of your life. Depression can be more than depressed mood. Other symptoms include irritability, lack of interest, lack of motivation, fatigue, hopelessness, sadness, anger, and forgetfulness. This could explain your irritability with your children and your lack of content in other areas. A general sense of complacency can be explained by this mood disturbance. You can find a therapist in your area that could clarify what is causing you to struggle with your interactions with others even if this is not the case. Talking with a professional can help you where medication cannot. You may enjoy this process so that you can not only look at your interactions with others but why the problems with intimacy exist. Try to find a counselor through Therapist You may find a professional helpful to you and eventually your husband

If this has been helpful press accept