Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  24 years in a private practice

The guy I like and I have been chatting, texting etc for a

The guy I like and I have been chatting, texting etc for a while and had planned to go for dinner tonight. I spoke to him on Thursday and all was fine, but yesterday he suddenly stopped speaking to me and the dinner date has not gone ahead. I sent him a message to tell him I understand if he changed his mind but I think his behaviour is really uncool. Was that the right thing to do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Doctor Kevin replied 5 years ago.

Kevin Kappler :

Although they say that all is fair in love and war I disagree. If this was your first dinner date then I can only think that he got cold feet and backed out, as is often the case when one goes from cyberspace to f2f. Yes you were perfectly with in your right to tell him how much he hurt you. Healthy boundaries may be the only way to survive in this day and age.

Kevin Kappler :

I see that you are off line. I hope this answers your question to your satisfaction. If so, please remember to click on the green accept button so that I will receive credit for my response. You may return to this answer for reference at any time after you accept.

Customer: We have met before through work so it's not really a cyberspace situation. I feel he's really let me down, but don't really want to write him off. Don't know what to do with it.
Kevin Kappler :

You let him know that he has disappointed you and ask him if he knows why. I would also be very cautious about a romantic relationship in the workplace, especially if he is in a power relationship with you. There is nothing worse than having to face a former lover every day you go to work..

Customer: Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX work together anymore - but I know what mean been there, done that, got the t-shirt so to speak.