Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  24 years in a private practice

We have a neighbour who keeps looking over our fence and aggravating

We have a neighbour who keeps looking over our fence and aggravating our dogs to bark when we are not home (according to our other neighbours). Yesterday I caught him using a camcorder in the early hours of the morning scanning our property and the exterior of our home. When I spotted him I was in my undergarments inside my home with the blinds open (our house is surrounded by colorbond fencing). He saw me catch him and jumped down when I screamed. I went over to speak to him and so did my husband but he's ignoring us. I just want to make sure he doesn't have any pictures of me in my undergarments. What is my position on this?

Kevin Kappler :

He is clearly violating your privacy and may even be stalking you. In Australia do you have something equivalent to a restraining order? Basically if he continues to violate your privacy you can go before a judge and have a restraining order taken out on him.

Kevin Kappler :

What it does is that he has to keep a certain distance from you and if he violates it you can have him arrested without questioning.

Kevin Kappler :

I see that you are off line. I hope this answers your question to your satisfaction. If so, please remember to click on the green accept button so that I will receive credit for my response. You may return to this answer for reference at any time after you accept.

Thank you for your response. Yes I will look into this and see if this action can be taken in Australia as I do feel threatened and uncomfortable when I am at home knowing he's looking over the fence all the time. I feel like a hermit having to keep my blinds shut in my own home.