AgapeDoc
AgapeDoc, Counselor
Experience:  Dr. W. D. Nicholas is a relationship expert & can help families or organizations become more effective.
55589990

I would like a male experts opinion.Is it okay to reach out

I would like a male experts opinion.Is it okay to reach out to an exbf if he still is very angry with you
Category: Relationship
Expert:  AgapeDoc replied 3 years ago.

AgapeDoc :

Thanks for contacting Just Answer. Let me see if I can answer your question and give you some direction...

AgapeDoc :

The short answer to your question is definitely YES - it is most certainly OK to reach out to an ex who is still mad at you and it can (possibly) be very productive.

AgapeDoc :

The better question MAY be in the approach to this reaching out.

AgapeDoc :

In other words.....

AgapeDoc :

Reach out in a way that is not going to make him feel intruded upon. It's not easy to accomplish this and it's more of an art than a science - BUT it is definitely possible to do :)

AgapeDoc :

In my experience in working with similar situations

AgapeDoc :

In my experience in similar situations.... it is very important to be up front and honest. I suggest sharing the conversation you and I have just had and letting him know that you are available to speak to him when he is ready.

AgapeDoc :

I hope you are satisfied with my efforts. If you are, please don't forget to click on the green accept button so I can get credit for my work.

AgapeDoc :

Thanks and I wish you well.

Customer:

thanks for your input.I have a situation that happened and I dont understand what his feelings are.Long story short my ex and I have not been tog

Customer:

together for a few years from a 10 year relationship.we have had nc as well. Everytime he sees me he looks angry and avoids me.I recently decided to reach out via text and he told me never to contact him again that he has moved on.That he promised himself never to allow himself to be ridiculed by me again.He feels i sold him out and drew a red line and moved forward.He said he showed my text to his closest and truest friends to return favor of riculing me.He also said lesson to be learned sacred things should not be shared w the world.Anyone that even mentions my name he cuts out of his life.does this sound like he has moved on?does He still have feelings for me?

AgapeDoc :

It sounds like he harbors much resentment for you - which of course means he has not moved on. However, I don't know that you have much to gain by trying to be friends with him. It seems that you did reach out and he rejected that - so he was informed that you are available for friendship, but is not interested.

AgapeDoc :

All my best..

AgapeDoc :

It may be in your best interest to move on. This is HIS issue, not yours. He had his chance. I suggest you let him be and spend your time with those that appreciate you.

AgapeDoc, Counselor
Experience: Dr. W. D. Nicholas is a relationship expert & can help families or organizations become more effective.