Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.

Wondering where my relationship is going

Wondering where my relationship is going?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 2 years ago.
Why don't you tell me a little bit about your relationship and I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My husband has been livimg in Florida and I am working in the Artic. I am to be going home within the next couple of months. He says he loves me however I am pretty hurt. Though I don't like being alone.

Why are you feeling hurt?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

First he was suppose to come here with me, then he threw my son out of my house, and finally last year when my mom died he wasnt there for me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What type of information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He works from home and we have 2 dogs. He acts like its fine having me here?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
why havent I recieved an answer?
You will be going home in a couple of month and your husband has said he loves you. He was suppose to go with you but didn't. Some times it is hard for others to move and leave behind a life they are comfortable with. It becomes a struggle to go somewhere they do not know. Often people struggle with change. Your husband wanted to stay home and wait for your return. He knew you both loved each other, your love for each other was strong. He knew you both would make it. You feel he acts fine you are there. I want you to look at this in a new way. I think he loves you so much that he is supporting what you want to do. He wanted you to follow your dream, but that dream was not what he wanted so he stayed behind. He didn't want to stop you even though he was going to miss you and he knew it would be hard at times. But he wanted you to be able to go and he knew you would be back. He wouldn't have never wanted you to live in regret of not going. He wanted what he felt was best for you. He doesn't want to tell you he misses you and wants you home because he doesn't want you to feel bad that you have to come home. He wants you to have no pressure put upon you. Now throwing your son out of the house should have been discussed before he did that, but he took matters into his own hands. You both need to talk about your son and also you need to tell him how you feel. I think that he will be able to explain how he feels as well. Communication is major in a relationship and you do not want to hold your feelings in. I feel when you come home things will be different. I think you will be able to discuss what it has been like living apart. He will be able to tell you how he felt when you are home. If you have any more questions I am here to help.
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience: I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.