psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Divorced in long distance relationship

I am divorced and dating a woman from another state. We see each other one or two weekends per month since last summer. She is a great person but we both live complicated lives as we are each raising our families. Often I feel I am in love with her and sometimes the external complications can be stressful. What advice would you give us?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

It sounds like you have a positive relationship although long distance. it is a good sign that you both have complications but you can keep the relationship going. Even love can be complicated by stress. Find ways to reassure each other and to have contact in new ways. Send her an ecard, send her flowers, send her a joke in the morning, send her a email with kind words. If you are creative the time apart will be more meaningful. If you go out of your way for her she will see that you think of her when you are not together. A long distance relationship can be stressful so take time out of your day to be nice to her. This will say that you are thinking of her. It also helps in reducing the stress on the relationship. Try something creative and see if she knows you were thinking of her.

If this has been helpful press accept

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sometimes what scares me is when I am feeling detached as this can cause me confusion and question my love for other times it seems natural.
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
When you are feeling detached you have to really analyze what is going on at that moment that makes you feel different. That is the time to ask yourself the questions to understand your change in emotion. If you can really examine it you will understand it. Why am I feeling this way? Really look at it.