Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Greetings, I love my wife and we have an excellent relationship.

Greetings, I love my wife and we have an excellent relationship. I'm interested in living a Female Led Relationship with her. We tried it before and our jobs got busy and we got off track. Now, we're not quite a busy and we have more time. She doesn't want to try it again. She was very turned on before with this but now is not. Any ideas? Submissive in LA
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 5 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

Can you live without acting out this fantasy? if you can then you can keep your relationship. If you cannot then you might be putting it at risk. This just does not turn her on and you may as well stop beating a dead horse.

If this arrangement does not suit you you might not be able to maintain this marriage. It is not that your preferences are correct, or incorrect, but rather that they may not be compatible.

The other alternative is to have an open marriage which, unless suitable for both of you (and they are usually not), then it will be doomed to failure.

You have to decide what means the most to you and what you can and can't live with. This will not work with her and that is a fact.

I wish you the best in getting the knots out of this relationship. Having a good wife and having a good relationship with her is a very valuable asset.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC