psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

Ive just recently started dating a man that I think I really

I've just recently started dating a man that I think I really like,but I just can't seem to get past the fact that he cheated on his wife.Loyalty is #1 with me,and from what I've heard and read,men that cheat usually end up as repeat offenders,once the woman no longer has that "new car smell".I just think that I'd always be wondering.I'm thinking that if a serious issue like this comes up so soon,might be best to just let it go and move on.He said that he and she just"grew apart".When he left his 2 boys were 7 and 11. Your thoughts?? Sandy
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

I don't know if all men who cheat continue. It probably depends on the guy. But it is a concern. It does depend on why he cheated and the other circumstances. You may choose before you make a decision to have a long conversation with him. He may make you feel better. Tell him your concerns. You should do this anyway before you let it end the relationship. See if he becomes bored after a period of time. If you are always going to be wondering then it may be best to let it go. I would clarify first the issue of growing apart. Did they not communicate. Did they not have a physical relationship. In the end it's up to you but if it is going to bother you then maybe find someone else.

If this has been helpful press accept