psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My sons father and I ended on very bad terms. We no longer

My sons father and I ended on very bad terms. We no longer speak unless it via email. Well I moved on with life started dating and am genuinely happy, went right back to work, got my body back, etc etc. So when he sees me its not very pleasant on his part and I am very cordial. I even dropped my child support case against him, so he could get things in his life together. I am comfortable supporting myself and my son, and I dont want him to be reminded monthly of the failure of our relationship. I respect him that much and love the time we spent together. I love him because he gave me the best part of my life, our son. I am past the relationship, but want the best for both of us now for the sake of our son.
I admit in the beginning, I wanted his head on a skewer, but realized its not worth it.
He on the other hand is rude and crude, little snide remarks to get my attention.
Why now does he want my attention after everything
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

It sounds like he is just taking a very immature approach to resolving all his feelings post break up. Some people can be very mature after and some people can't. He probably has some intense feelings about the relationship and he is showing this by being rude. Usually the opposite of love is indifference. When there is anger or animosity there is really pain. It is easier to feel angry than feel hurt. You are going to have to find a way to get along when he is ready. You may just be ready sooner than he is. Wait until he has resolved whatever feelings he has and then approach him about working as a team. You can't rush him. He has to be ready on his own. He has to work through his part of this scenario before you can be coparents. A lot of this issue for you is just waiting.

If this has been helpful press accept

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
But why does he want my attention? I understand that he is immature but why the little outcrys for attention! And what does someone hope to gain from them!
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like there is still feelings there and it is his way of getting you to focus on him again. Sometimes when people act immaturely it is their way of seeking attention from you because the feelings from the relationship have not been resolved. He wants your attention. His goal is to have you reconsider the relationship. You have to tell him that reuniting is not an option