Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I am getting married on sept 18, i have a wedding planner who

Customer Question

I am getting married on sept 18, i have a wedding planner who gave us the suggestion on a florist. I meet with her one to tell her the flowers i like that was in the spring time. No money was exchanged. She did the flowers in for my bridal shower and they where just horrible. The next day i spoke to my wedding planner and told him how unhappy i was with the work she did and was now worried about the flowers for the wedding. i then had her present her work to me at the food tasting and it wasn't good at all. I kept telling my wedding planner she wasn't listen and he kept saying give her another chance. it wasn't working when then let her go and moved onto someone better. I never gave her a deposit and now she is requesting 400 in payment for her time and what ever she purchase. I do not feel any payment is fair, what i do think is fair is what ever she purchase for the wedding i will give to her with proof of purchase.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 2 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I am sorry that you have suffered this blemish on your bridal shower, and the anxiety over wedding flowers and then this greedy attempt to take your money. She has already taken advantage of you once, and seems to be in cahoots with the wedding planner, who has his network of providers from whom he may very well get kickbacks (hence his wanting you to give the florist a second chance (to get him a comission).

It seems that not only is this florist incompetent, but also unscrupulous. If you did not sign a contract with her, then there is nothing she can do.

Furthermore, you can write her that you are taking her to small claims court for a refund plus damages for the harm she did, and the emotional pain and suffering she caused you by providing inferior flowers, and that you have full photographic documentation and witnesses to back you up.

Tell her that you are willing to settle for a refund. Then see how quickly she continues to harass you.

Furthermore you can report her and the wedding planner to the Better Business Bureau.

Con artists victimize whomever they can. Taking a stand is a good way to put them in their place (which is, ultimately "Out of Business".

I wish you success in following up on this and getting these people off your backs.

If you do feel you have to pay for things she bought, then those things belong to YOU, and you should only pay for them on delivery. She doesn't need proof of purchase so much as she needs to give you the goods that you pay for.

Congratulations on your marriage. May you have a lifetime of happiness.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
elliott,
Thank you for getting back to me about this problem. I just don't want this to effect my working relationship whit my wedding planner to change. I have paid him so far 2000 in but owe him 3000 more. I haven't spoke to him in person yet about this and i have set up a meeting to talk to him this week.
I just do not want to him to become hard to work with. Thank you and more suggestion on how to make it work with him Thank christina
Dear XXXXXtina,

Your wedding planner should be worried about this issue not affecting your relationship with HIM. You have paid him a great deal so far and he has failed you. He is working for YOU and he needs to please you. You must be firm with him. He will continue to take advantage of you if he thinks you are timid. He is your servant, and is well paid for his effort. If you fear him then he will continue to take advantage of you. Tell him to straighten this out and get her off your back. He needs you more than you need him.

Have you considered cutting your losses and planning this yourself or finding someone else who will treat you like a respected and paying customer?

If you truly fear making any waves, then just pay the florist what she wants, get another florist, and hope for the best. The wedding planner is supposed to free you from all cares and please you. He has not given you your money's worth yet,

You have two options:

• accept what you get and pay for it
  • make it clear that you want things a certain way and you do not want any more difficulties. You can say this nicely and not get into a battle with him. Just remind him who the customer is (the one who pays the bills), and who the service provider is (the one who is paid for a job well done).

Don't be afraid to tell him what you want and how you want it, and manage him instead of letting him manage you.

I hope you can find the best positive energy to insure that he delivers the dream wedding that you are paying for.

Very best wishes for great success.

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your kind words. your right and i will stand up more im so not like this with anything else in life. i will be using your words this week thank you
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.