psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

NEED HELP!!!! My gf and I have a 1 month old baby and we

My gf and I have a 1 month old baby and we take feeding shifts. I sleep in another room when its not my shift. The baby sleeps in a fisher price sleeper ( I awoke and just went in ythe room and saw that she put the bottle in his mouth and let a blanket hold the bottle while she slept. Well the bottle was on his face and both his shirts was wet and the blanket covered his face. I got mad ofcourse. but I am really confused on what to say to say and how to handel it without being angry. She said she is tired and that I am over reacting.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

I understand your concern. This is not ideal and someone has to be with the baby when he is feeding. I would avoid accusing statements and use "I" statements to get your point across. Such as I really think you should stay with the baby because he had wet clothes on and did not seem safe with this situation. Find a compromise and things could change drastically. If you have less stress at work, offer to feed him at certain times and then return to the schedule you have now when your schedule changes. Of course this is an example and you should make your own. This called by resolved with compromise but she has to be on board.

You aren't overreacting. When you come at her with anger nothing will be resolved. You have to talk about this as a couple so you both win.