psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

My husband & I have been married almost 30 years. Over this

My husband & I have been married almost 30 years. Over this period of time I have
been verbally abused. He constantly complains. He has lost 2 really good jobs because
of his constant complaining. I just can not take anymore. My heart is broken & I don't know where to begin. I am working 2- 3 jobs. Financially things are a mess. I can not be blamed for everything. I don't even want to go home anymore. This is very complicated. I feel out of control & don't know where to turn. Kris- Showlow, AZ
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

It sounds like you have had enough. If you are unhappy then make safe plans to leave. You don't have to stay anywhere out of obligation. You have a right to be happy. If he is awful to be around then you have a right to leave. You should make plans and follow them through. Don't let your being discouraged from finding a life with happiness. Sometimes when people get worn down by a negative relationship you feel like you are tired and fatigued. You have to find the strength to leave. Start getting your finances together, connect with your family, have a plan for where you will go,and find a support system. You have to focus on you right now. Don't be sidetracked by his behavior.

If this has been helpful press accept