MrsRuss0114, LCSW
Experience:  B.A.Psychology, MSW, LCSW, HS-BCP; 8+ yrs experience.

my husbnd and I have been married for 31 years, our children

Customer Question

my husbnd and I have been married for 31 years, our children are ll grown all we do is yell and scream at each other it starts with name calling threats of leaving at that point we are both in a full blown arguement then we don't talk to each other for days and i usally end up sleeping in the other room our sex is all gone. i am the kind of person who has alot of faith bt i feel i'm losing my marraige my husband says its all my fault tht we fight and in the mean time my heart is breaking is thre any thing we could do to save our marrige i hope you understand my question i don't type very well. thankyou
Category: Relationship
Expert:  MrsRuss0114 replied 5 years ago.

Russ0114 :

Hello and thank you for choosing just answer, I look forward to assisting you.

Russ0114 :

I can see that you're going through a very difficult time and my question to you is have the two of you identified where the root of all this anger stems from?

JACUSTOMER-1tgc0w8a- :

yes we have discussed what makes us want to hurt our feelings so bad, our children think its because we don't discuss our feelings but when we try to dig in deep boom argumen glaor my husband say,s its all me that i'm mental he really knows how to push my buttons.

Russ0114 :

I do apologize, I'm going to have to switch us over to the Q&A format as it seems the chat feature is not working properly, I am unable to see your response or my initial response(s) to you.

I think the both of you would benefit from speaking to a marriage counselor face to face if he's willing to do so. Also, it's easier for him to attack you than to take responsibility for any part that he has contributed. If the two of you are unable to discuss your issues in an appropriate/productive manner then you will never be able to move forward. However, this is something that both of you have to be willing to embark upon in order to really work on improving your communication and marriage.