psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I have two ex-girlfriends who still feel strongly for me.

I have two ex-girlfriends who still feel strongly for me. I am friends with both. While this is a pleasure, and not a bother, what can I do to be sure they are able to move on, and are not led on by our current friendship or memories of what once was?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

You can't make someone move on. Not moving on is a choice and they have to make that choice. If you find that they are not moving on it may be best to end the friendships. Not everyone can be friends after a relationship. Some people are unable to move on if that door of opportunity is partly open. You are not encouraging their interests so if being a friend is too much then you have to end the friendship. If you want the friendship then you have to accept that they have this interest. The interest is probably not hurting anything. Maybe keep strong boundaries wiht them and eventually they will accept your decision to be friends. When you are consistent then other people accept that you are their friend. You have to decide which situation you wish to pursue. In the end being their friend really doesn't harm anyone

If this has been helpful press accept