psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

you remember me so.. i am living on my own...daughter #1 off

you remember me? so.. i am living on my own...daughter #1 off to 1st year of college.. Swathmore! Yeah! with my 16 year old...we are VERY compatible .... hubby smokin pot daily... teaching ... hangin with boys (is himself a boy)... don't tangle but where appropriate for chillin's... AND I AM SO ALONE!!!!! I am taking an anti depressant but i just feel like i have no idea who i am and what i want. I am so depleated from that creep.... years of give and now i am so trash... i got over loosing everyone in my circle the last 20 years... john made me a pariah... you know that from before... just crazy. What is wrong with me? I am feeling like I should be so ready to start a new life but I am soooo stuck. I started a 21 day meditation challenge is helping. Mostly I am scared , alone, overwhelmed and dissapointed in myself. In fact...I rather hate me.... have no enegy... and EVERYONE in my family has these grandiose expectations of me...I want to spit on them! I am broke and shit ...worth more dead than alive. Starting over again at 46 is not fun, or exciting, it sucks. I am told to go back to school or get new employment...keep up with a historic home... be there for others...take care of the Borough (i am the secretary treasurer/ boro manager) part-time only employee... very small town. Everyone knows everyone else's shit... god i hate it here but can not seem to wrap my head around leaving... Leah has two more years of hs.... i am a mess...any insights here?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

Before you can be a help to anyone else you have to be a help to yourself. You have to reach out even if it is uncomfortable. You have to develop a support system. Even when depression keeps saying you can't do it you have to. Isolation alone can cause significant depression. I know that you are trying medication but if you are feeling this depressed you are not getting the most from your medication.. You have to resolve your family issues and feelings of isolation in therapy even if you have tried it before. You have to access any avenue possible to become less depressed. Find advocates for your disorder, schedule therapy now, and address issues related to medication. You have to leave your comfort zone to feel differently. Find others who can help you move to activities that give you pleasure. Be your own advocate

If this has been helpful press accept