MrsRuss0114
MrsRuss0114, LCSW
Experience:  B.A.Psychology, MSW, LCSW, HS-BCP; 8+ yrs experience.
56136667

i am a male age 79 oakville ontario canada; have been living

i am a male age 79 oakville ontario canada; have been living on my own for the past ten years; come fall i drive back and forth between my home here and 2nd home in south west florida; spend 5 month there; everything getting a little more difficult; i need a full time companion, (female) helpmate, caregiver, one who can cook and drive, is handy, you name it; (not sex) where might i find a list of qualified people, that i could view and then interview one or more;
Category: Relationship
Expert:  MrsRuss0114 replied 3 years ago.

Russ0114 : Hello and thank you for choosing just answer, I look forward to assisting you. In order to best assist you, I'd like to get some clarification. You're looking to hire a female caregiver whom you're willing to pay to be a companion?
Customer:

yes,

Russ0114 :

Have you tried contacting community agencies that provide companions/caregivers?

Russ0114 :

You have to be careful, as you don't want to get involved with someone who will try to take advantage of you financially.

Russ0114 :

However, there are various agencies that provide caregivers/companions. You can also put in an ad for live-in (female) caregivers in the newspaper, online job sites (careerbuilder, monster, yahoo...)

Customer:

no i have not as yet contacted an agency

Russ0114 :

My suggestion is to try that, are you linked in with any hospital? Many hospitals have home based care and could probably provide you with a list of agencies they work with just to start.

Customer:

is there an agency in the oakville burlington that one could recommend ?

Russ0114 :

I live in the states but I don't mind doing a quick search for you if you'd like.

Customer:

ok

Russ0114 :

Hold on 1 second.

Russ0114 :

Is Burlington in Canada or FL?

Customer:

ontario canada

Russ0114 :

Ok

Russ0114 :

Here's one that I'm familiar with who also provides services in the states:

Russ0114 :

Home Instead Senior Care; 461 N. Service Rd. West; Suite B4; Oakvill, ON L6M 2V5

Russ0114 : (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>
Customer:

so i take cit this is a chain

Russ0114 :

I know they have them in the area that I reside and I work at a hospital and this is a company that we use for our clients.

Russ0114 :

Here's there website: homeinstead.com/3014

Customer:

ok thanks

Customer:

sounds though they are one that service people close cto having to go into na home

Russ0114 :

You can also try: greataupair.com/Senior_Caregiver_Service

Russ0114 :

That's one of the services they provide but they also have companion services which is what it sounds like you're looking for.

Russ0114 :

If you contact them and determine that this is not what you're looking for, they should be able to give you resource information that may be more of what you're looking for since they are familiar with the area and services there.

Customer:

ok thanks

Russ0114 :

Not a problem, best of luck to you!

MrsRuss0114, LCSW
Experience: B.A.Psychology, MSW, LCSW, HS-BCP; 8+ yrs experience.