MrsRuss0114
MrsRuss0114, LCSW
Experience:  B.A.Psychology, MSW, LCSW, HS-BCP; 8+ yrs experience.
56136667

Do I move on without him or give it time I and my fiance

Customer Question

Do I move on without him or give it time?
I and my "fiance" have been together for 8 years and our breakup was very heartbreaking. After long talks and pleading and begging and tears from his heart we agreed to try to make it work. I don't think we need to go any further. One of my biggest issues with him is he's in this motorcycle club because he loves motorcycles which is fine but our quality time as a "family" is gone. We don't go out because he's either working or at his club meetings, etc. He was in a near fatal accident and was in the hospital in trauma. However, I took him into my house and nursed him back together, taking him to doctor visits, getting his medicine, whatever he needed I was there, no family, friends, bike members, me. My birthday is XXXXX up in a few days and if he doesn't come through for me I have to move on. Then, he told me that he wants to take our son to Florida with him for a week to see his cousins and other distant family but he didn't mention anything about taking me nor did he invite me. If he goes out of town with our son and doesn't take me, it's definitely over and done with!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  MrsRuss0114 replied 5 years ago.

Russ0114 : Hello and thank you for choosing just answer, I look forward to assisting you.
Russ0114 : Please give me a moment to review the information you've provided.
Russ0114 : It sounds to me as if you already have a plan in mind so now the key is sticking to that should it come down to it.
Russ0114 : I agree, if he's sacrificing his family for everything else, a line has to be drawn somewhere and as long as you allow him to do it, he will as he sees no reason to change.
Russ0114 : You asked, do you move on without him or give it time and my advice is to wait and see how things unfold with regard to your birthday and the FL trip. Factor the results of those two things with everything else (good or bad) and make your decision.