psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I ended a 2 year relationship with a man who was mean and selfish

I ended a 2 year relationship with a man who was mean and selfish and took me for granted, I thought he loved me, why did he do this to someone who he knew really loved and cared for him?

If he disrespects you and takes you for granted then everything else is irreleavant. It doesn't matter about his childhood he doesn't appreciate a caring relationship. You are destined for heartache if you go back again. He has already learned that he can take you for granted. Things aren't going to change. Find someone who respects you and the relationship. You are creating a pattern and you need to end it. For some reason he doesn't know how to function in a healthy relationship from what you know of him. Some people just con't know how to do that. You can't teach them. He has to learn on his own. In the meantime, you are offering this healthy relationship to a guy that isn't interested in stability. Start to find ways to move past him and find someone who is loving and sincere. If you take him back you will get what you have always gotten. No one knows why he is the way he is and in the end it shouldn't matter. Move on to someone who appreciates you

If this has been helpful press accept