TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I have been having a relationship with someone other than my

Customer Question

I have been having a relationship with someone other than my husband for about 3 months now. Someone I have known for many years but never had anything with. I am not happy in my marriage cause of lack of attention, not feeling appreciated, and this man is someone I cantalk to for hours about anything and everything and we do from both sides, he also has relationship issues. We do not live in the same place so its mostly on the phone but we have seen eachother a few times and we have been intimate and its great. He calls evryday numerous times a day just to talk or say a quick "hi". Does this mean he truly cares? He says he does? I and I believe him also miss it when we dont or cant talk
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistMaryAnn replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

From what you said, it sounds like he cares.

In this type of relationship it is common to feel strongly because you do not live together, you don't have the normal obligations and you are new in your relationship. Also, you have a bond because of the problems in each of your relationships. That does not mean he does not love you or does not care. But if you are looking for a long term relationship with this man and you want to end your marriage, go slowly to be sure this relationship works for you. Trying to resolve the problems in your marriage first may help you in the long run, but if you do not want to do that, then taking your current relationship one step at a time is a good idea.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if I can help any further,

Kate

I haven't heard from you. Did you have more questions or want clarification?

Kate