psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I dated a guy for a couple of months. It ended because he was

Customer Question

I dated a guy for a couple of months. It ended because he was recently divorced.
And wasn't really for a serious relationship barely being divorced.
It became an email relationship. Friends, in a way. But I told him I thought we just shouldn't have any contact for 6 months. During those 6 months, every few weeks he'll still send an email, saying hi. Should I continue to email back? And just say hi and then not hear back again for a few weeks. Or just ignore him and not write back? I don't see it ever changing...
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I guess my intention is that I wish we could date again.

So him emailing and asking how is work. And then me answering
and asking him how work is and then him saying we should grab a coffee soon...
And I'll say sure... And then I don't hear from him again for a month.
I guess that makes me feel bad. I guess the non-chalant-ness of being "email
friends" once in a while makes me sad.

It was only two months but I really liked him. And I'm sad that he is ok with just being friends.

Part of me feels like, we did need to get to know each other better, so maybe emailing once in
a while is a good thing...So we still have contact.

Because I don't think out of the blue one day, he is just all of the sudden going to decide he wants to date me and all of the sudden call and say, lets date.

Thats what makes me think having some contact might be ok..even though it kinda makes me sad.

Its a tough one. But I'm leaning to continuing to completely ignoring him.

He is really handsome and charismatic and interesting. And I have heard through the grapevine
he is and has been dating lots of girls, and they all want to be his girlfriend. But that he breaks things off
when the girls wants to be one on one with him. He is honest about his situation, (which make me like him more, actually.)

I don't want to be another groupie. Any thoughts?
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think you are right on, when you said if he wanted to date me he would ask.

When we first met, he wanted to meet for coffee everyday. Was always wanting to see
me, calling and texting me all the time.But now, it is this way, an email every few weeks.

If he wants to see me or anything, he will do more than send an email that says:how's work.

By replying, I just make myself sad. I guess I need to let it go. And be sad, and get over it.
I keep getting the urge to fix it. But there is nothing to fix. He is gone. I just have to let it go.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!