psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I have never felt settled in my relationship, I have had few

Customer Question

I have never felt settled in my relationship, I have had few relationships and i struggle with commitment. We are good friends but I have anxieties about commiting to this man. I am afraid to end this as I am 39 and want children, how does one know if they are with the right person?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

You have to decide that for yourself but base it on factors that all people look for in a partner: do you have common interests, are you compatible, are you physically attracted to each other, do you have good communication. The most important thing is whether you love him or not. If you do then you have to take a chance. There are no guarantees in life - that is what those with commitment issues worry about. There isn't a guarantee. You have to decide if you want to be alone or are you willing to take a chance. Sooner or later anyone will get tired of waiting.

If this has been helpful press accept