Cathy
Cathy, Counselor
Experience:  Ms, MS.Ed., thirty years clinical practice
25773729

My Girlfriend of 9 months just broke up with me. My girlfriend

Customer Question

My Girlfriend of 9 months just broke up with me.

My girlfriend broke up with me just a bit ago and im obviously pretty depressed. Thing is, this is the 3rd time she has done this to me. Since our first break up we have had a lot of bicker type fights but we have gotten through and we did love each other and had more good times than bad. I told her after the 2nd time that I could not go through that again and she promised she would not screw me over again - well that happened today. I love the girl but enough is enough and I know I'll find someone else. Its just tough to deal with this since we have had so many routines and basically saw each other every day for 9 months. How do I let go? How do I accept this because I really want to move on - yet i still love her and everything we do. I am 24 years old and work in business - I consider myself more mature than her as she is a bit of a "wild type". She is the baby of her family and can be very stubborn. She is the same age as me. She told me today she wants to be single as I brought her flowers. I came to talk to her at her apartment today and she was leaving soon to get dinner with one of her roomates. The roomate really likes me as I am a nice guy but my now "ex" threw me under the bus when I heard her talking to her. She said - "He is having a breakdown, its going to be a minute". She was pretty mean about the breakup saying her roomates were already mentioning other single guy friends of theirs. I looked at her with tears in my eyes and said, "this is how you treat me after 9 months". She was also in denial about loving me and was gettting very defensive. Our 9 month anniversary is this week and we were going to see a show. Today she told me she already has other plans. I am very broken up about this but I do realize that I am more mature than her. I just need help on accepting this because my heart really does hurt. The last thing I said before I left was that I loved her and walked away. I have a big tendency to always want to text her or call in these situation but I know I cant. Any advice on moving on would be great! Thanks!
1 day ago - 3 days left to answer.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cathy replied 5 years ago.

Cathy :

Hi and thanks for writing JA

Cathy :

are you there?

JACUSTOMER-gzjrtemk- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-gzjrtemk- :

Thank you for helping me

JACUSTOMER-gzjrtemk- :

hello?