Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

After being in France from what I call a sincere married female

Customer Question

After being in France from what I call a sincere married female friend, would this be the best time to break up from her
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
So just so I get this correct. You are romantically involved with a married coworker?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would say emotionally. I do love my wife and would never cross the line. It is almost like I am addicted to her and for years I just wanted to end it. But we started off as friends years ago and that is all I ever told her I was and visa versa
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
Wouldn't it be difficult to break off contact when you work with the lady?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You didn't address my first question in any fashion. Sure it would be difficult to break it off since we work together. I am wondering after 8 weeks, would this be a good time to do it me thinking her feelings will have faded over that time. I just have to be honest with myself and it is difficult to live with her constantly in my life. More often, it is a burden because she creates drama and desires constant attention and got jealous if I even spoke to other people at work.
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
Yes, break it off. The sooner the better. But I think you are being unrealistic that an 8 week break will suddenly have her change her feelings about you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the snippy comment last time. Just one last question, why do you say it is unrealistic for someone to change their feelings for someone. So you are saying, even after an eight week break, she most likely would be severely hurt. It has been easier for me to live my life with her out of my life even though I would have to say I missed seeing her, but after a couple of weeks, it got better for me. I just wish there was an alternative way, is there?
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
No alternative way. The sooner the better. What I was saying is that you can't expect her to be over you in 8 weeks. That would be unrealistic.