Kristin
Kristin, Counselor
Experience:  Psychotherapist and Relationships Expert with 11+ years exp. Dating, Relationships, Marriage.

I was just wondering how I should approach her or what I should

I was just wondering how I should approach her or what I should say when giving her this literature to read or therapist to see. Should I wait for a time when she is confiding in me about something. Or, what kind of mood or environment should I create so that she has not taken back... really, I don't know what I'm talking about. This is something I never thought I would be dealing with. After all, I have enough problems running my own life
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Kristin replied 3 years ago.

I think that it could be a good time when she is confiding in you, about the marriage or about how she may be feeling. Don't just spring it on her, when you're out having a good time for example.

However, you can also take her out for coffee or something, letting her know ahead of time you wanted to talk to her about something. Then have those links or info with you and just tell her, that you don't in any way want to overstep your boundaries, but that you are concerned about her and would feel better knowing she atleast had these resources. That maybe she isn't interested in them now, but to maybe take a look at them and just consider the information. And then I would let it go... and let her take it from there, unless she does directly ask you for advice.

Ideally I would wait for a time when she is confiding in you about the marriage or something along those lines. But if not, then you can initiate the talk but at a coffee shop or even at your home, where the two of you will have privacy.... just let her know you are here for her, and that you only want the best for her. Thank you...let me know how it goes if you would like....best wishes...

Kristin, Counselor
Experience: Psychotherapist and Relationships Expert with 11+ years exp. Dating, Relationships, Marriage.