Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, Marriage Therapist
Experience:  Family Therapist & teacher 35+ yrs; PhD research in couples
55153673

my boyfriend and i have been dating for almost 3 years. lately

Customer Question

my boyfriend and i have been dating for almost 3 years. lately since i stopped taking my prozac medication for anxiety which runs in my family; i have been fighting with him and clinging to him and trying to actively control him. he works in finance in a very stressful environment and supports himself financially. we do not get to see each other often as we would like to because of his job which he is trying to make into a better career and because of the studying he was doing for an exam license he needs for his job. this past weekend, things got very explosive because he wanted to spend 8 out of the 10 weekends with me during the summer and just 2 with his friends. because i have been off of the prozac for 8 months, things that used to really never bother me become huge to me. we were supposed to spend 4th of july weekend together and he told me last minute he didnt want to and wanted to be with his coworkers instead. this all took place ten minutes after i walked out of my therapists office who put me back on the prozac. just to let you know, i have never expressed or told my boyfriend about me taking this medication before or my family's medical history. long story short, we did not speak all weekend. i spend the weekend not eating depressed sick and with family and he told me spent it upstate alone trying to gather his thoughts. i reached out to him today to tell him i would like to know whats going on with us and he said we would talk tonight if i wanted to. i asked in person? and he said phone first because our face ot face discussions dont go that well lately. i also asked him is the reason you dont want to sit and talk in person like adults because your looking for a way out of this relationship and he said no. i love him with all my heart and soul and thats the truth. he comes from a wonderful family who is nice to me and he treats me good. every couple fights but i think my anxiety disorder has been bad. i need advice on it all.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Doctor Kevin replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!