psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

My boyfriend says he loves me, loves being with me and around

Customer Question

My boyfriend says he loves me, loves being with me and around me and has recently made mention of us moving in together. But I sent him a text this morning saying how I love that he's a part of my life and I truly do love him but he never replied to my message even when I asked if he had any thoughts. I get really nervous when I put my heart on the line because I am afraid of hurt and rejection but in this case I did it anyway because I do love him. Now I feel rejected because he didn't respond, am I letting my emotions get the best of me or should I be worried.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

It would have been considerate for him to answer but it isn't the end of the world. Give him more time and he may have a legitimate reason. If you interrogate him he may reconsider his feelings so exercise some patience. If he hasn't replied by the end of the day then say something like - I realize your busy but my heart is on the line right now so I was hoping for an answer. Don't be critical though. I realize your concerns but don't let them dictate this situation. He did not hurt you. Keep telling yourself that. If you anticipate pain you are going to effect how he sees this relationship. Give him some credit and try to have positive communications without a bunch of limits.

If this has been helpful press accept