Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

i have issues letting go a crush

i have issues letting go a crush
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 3 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

The crush will fade away, faster than you think. They always do. Don't focus on it. If it is bothering you, watch a funny movie or take a walk or other exercise. Call a friend and DON'T talk about the object of your crush.

Most importantly, don't be around that person if you can help it. Start focusing on the person's negative points and try to see the person in a new light - he is just a person who will soon mean nothing to you.

What you think is so wonderful about this person is really untested and you have invested your energy into something that has already flaked out.

In a short time it will be over. Don't juice it and do other things in the mean time. This is not a luxury that you should be indulging in. Be strong, be patient, and be mature.

Best wishes,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
but you see when i had feelings for him he was with someone already and he had feelings for me also,but he started to back away from me,and now everytime he sees me its like hes mad at me.
Dear friend,

If he is mad at you, it is because he is angry at himself because he is immature and doesn't know what he wants.

There are lots of guys out there who are more mature and who are not going with someone else. I urge you to forget about him and move on to someone who acts with more maturity and is GLAD to see you, not mad.

Best wishe,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
si by him driving around with his girlfreind and trying to show me her,what does that mean.
It means that he is a cruel person and not the kind of person who will ever be a good boyfriend. He is hopelessly immature and enjoys hurting others. You are an easy victim because he gets you to fall for it and get upset.

Move on. You are much too good for him.

Best wishes,

Elliott
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if he loves her why does he do that, try to annoy me

Dear friend,

Unfortunately he is trying to annoy you, and you are falling for it. Do you really want to keep him in your thoughts and in your life?

If I have helped you, please accept my answer so that I can collect my share ($3.33) for my effort.

Best wishes,

Elliott Sewell, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor and National Certifited Counselor
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so do you think he still has feeligs for me,or what is is
He has feelings for you, but they aren't very positive. He might fool around with you when he gets a chance, but he will never be anything serious or respectfuly for you.

I want you to be happy and move on with your life.

And, THANKS for accepting my answer.

Best,

Elliott
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
every time i pass by there they both look at me,i fel like their trying to show me that their happy together, if there happy together would they try to prove it?she also looks at me and smile what do you think that means.
It means that they are petty little immature people and you need to ignore them and not give them the satisfaction of even noticing them.

Best wishes,

Elliott
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
he used to drive with her to show me that hes with her,and then oneday he saw and waves hi to me. i dont understand first he shows her to me and then he says hi to me,why is he doing that
Because he believes that it will drive you crazy. He may also want to get back with you again, and you probably will, given the chance.

He is also very immature, but you have a crush on him so he sort of "owns you".

I like you but you don't own me. It is nice to compensate a professional for continued answers. I do want to help you, but you could help me make a living by seeing that I am paid for my time.

Best wishes,

Elliott
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

oh im sorry sir,um this is my first time doing this and i paid 15.00$ for this,and they told me that i can ask any questions i need.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the thing that bothers me is that why doesnt he leave me alone,he hurted me and i left him alone,and now he does all this,dont you think hes indenial too.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hes probably in denial too
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hes probably in denial too