psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I have a friend who I have known for 5 years and I told him

I have a friend who I have known for 5 years and I told him on saturday night that i have feelings for him. He said he doesn't like me that way but I am one of his best friends. He told me off for telling him while we were drunk cause he didnt know how to deal with it. Anyway we slept in the same bed and ended up kissing alot but nothing else. When I dropped him home the next day he said make sure you call me during the week and we will catch up when we are not drunk. I rang him tonight but he was busy and said he will call me tomorrow after work. I am really confused I am wondering why he wants to catch up during the week when we only see each other on some odd weekend nights when we are drinking. Do you think he has changed his mind about us or that he wants to make sure we are still friends?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

You have to ask him if you want a guarantee, but I think he is checking to see if you are still friends. Sexual activity even just kissing changes things and he probably wants to sort out where your relationship stands now. He is acting responsibly if he wants to talk about what happened so talk about this together. I don't think he changed his mind. I think he wants to deal with this since it was so out of character for him. See what he says regarding this incident and you will know where things stand. From this point on, don't engage in activities such as this if you don't want to ruin the friendship. He may regret it and ruin the friendship that you have.

If this has been helpful press accept