psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

my girl friend never seems happy with the amount of sex we

Customer Question

my girl friend never seems happy with the amount of sex we have, dont get me wrong, i think shes very attractive, actually i think shes hot, and we have sex once every few day, or sometimes 3 or 4 times a day, im stressed and tired, and shes so stubborn she refuses to meet me half way on this, i try to be a good boyfriend and have sex with her more, but sometimes i feel worn out from her, whenever we try talking about it, i just feel guilty like its all my fault, and theres something wrong with me, i get nauseous almost. i dont know what to do anymore, and idont know how to confront her
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

You are not abnormal. You have a sex drive that is normal for you. Everyone is different. You have to first ask yourself why she needs so much sex. Sometimes people use sex for validation. It makes them feel special. Sometimes people also feel that they need a lot of sex in a relationship because they equate sex with love. Sometimes it is just to feel better about themselves. This is more important to work on then having more sex because in the end it will ever be enough. Work on this rather than trying to live up to her expectations. Find out why she needs this validation. She is the only one that can figure this out. She may have a high sex drive. In that case she has to learn to compromise. It is up to you to ask for this compromise.

If this has been helpful press accept