psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

i am in what i know is a great relationship. i could not see

i am in what i know is a great relationship. i could not see myself with a more caring guy that loves me and fulfills all of the "dealbreakers" of most relationships. there is nothing that i could or would change about him, in which lies the problem. we have been going out a year and we both know this is serious. i know he wants to marry me eventually and he is exactly the type of guy i would want to spend the rest of my lie with. i just cannot get out of my head. i over analyze everything and over think all of my feelings. up until a few months ago i was so happy and i easily admitted i loved him. now i just keep thinking through the what ifs and being scared for the future. i am equally terrified that he is not the one for me as well as being paralyzed by fear that he will be the one that got away and i will spend the rest of my life regretting it, because i think i would. he knows my emotional confusion and is totally supportive in working through it. he says he is not going anywhere and though i believe him, i am scared that i will do something to push him away. how can i get out of my head and just let myself be happy with him again?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.

You need to process this with a therapist. What you may be experiencing in just some anxiety and you will resolve increasing your chances of a happy future. Everyone worries but if it is disrupting your relationship then it helps to talk to someone. You can work through this rather than making yourself concerned over a long period of time. There may be something that has happened in the past that is creating this doubt. Try to find someone in your area.

If this was helpful press accept

psychlady, Counselor
Experience: I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i know that therapy would help but i am not in a financial place to get private help so i have to white knuckle it on my own. i have always been a very guarded person and had to grow up fast, so i realize that this is part of the problem. i am trying really hard to talk about how i am feeling with him and not keep it bottles up. he truly is not part of the problem at all, it is on my side. he is totally wonderful and i want to be with him 100% but i just can't seem to let myself do that.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.