psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

Hi. I am a 35 year old female. I have a friend who is 11 years

Customer Question

Hi. I am a 35 year old female. I have a friend who is 11 years older than me and means the world to me. We work together and for the past 4 years have done everything together. I am married and she is not. It seems like everytime she has someone new in her life, a new friend, a new boyfriend anyone - I am pushed to the backside. I have opened my eyes lately to the relationship we have had. When she needs me, she calls. I have helped her in so many ways around her house, babysitting, an occasional loan etc. it seems if she doesnt need anything from me, she totally ignores me. I will text her and she may respond with one word or she may not answer at all. A few weeks ago she wanted me to come down and help her open her pool so she could have a cookout for her niece, so i did. We ended up doing the pool, mowing her hillside, cleaning her garage and a few other things. She invited me to the cookout but at the last minute changed it to the following weekend -but I was not invited and didnt even know she was doing it. I had texted her the morning of and asked what her plans were for the day and she ignored me. 3 days later, she asked me down - later in the evening she mentioned she needed gas money for work, so I am assuming thats why I was invited. A week later she was having a friend from out of town come in and asked if I wanted to go out with them one evening. I said I am looking foward to it because it was around my birthday and thought it would be nice to get out. I was getting ready and got a text that said, I think we have decided not to do anything, just wanted you to know. Even being the adult that I am, I was absolutely devastated. I cried like a little school girl. She didnt apologize or say we'll do something later - she just ignored my texts after that. We have worked at the same place for several years and she just transferred back to a clinic we cannot stand ( or so she says) There is another 30 something girl that works there who can suck anyone into her world. I was so scared that she is doing this to my friend and she may never look at me the same. I know it doesnt seem like much of a friendship at this point but I am so depressed over this I dont know what to do. Everytime I ask her for something, go to dinner, come down to swim, hilight my hair, she always tells me no. Can you please help me know what I should do? Sorry for rambling.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't know how to let this go. We work together and I have to see her become friends with others we work with knowing she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore. I keep asking myself, what is wrong with me that Im not good enough. My heart has literally ached for the last few days because I am so devastated. We were so close and for her to not even give me time after all i have done is beyond anything I can comprehend. I would never treat someone like that. I am the one who gave so much yet I am the one hurting over it as if I am the one losing out. I wonder if she will ever miss me or regret pushing me to the rear for someone who is not truly her friend.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do you mean she will end up missing a good guy? If you mean me - I am a female and we ate close friends.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't really understand what that has to do with me.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!