psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

My husband does not feel attracted to me, feels friends

Customer Question

My husband does not feel attracted to me, feels more like friends, roomates. We have not had children, I am 24, he is 26. We have been married since Oct 2008, lived together since 2006. I have not changed physically.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

You can work on this as a couple. Sometimes this feeling of not being attracted is not personal but it is the change that comes in a relationship when it moves from passionate to comfortable. It takes work to find that passion again. You can try to do this on your own. Make quality time for the relationship. Go on date nights. Try to make time special. Bring in romance - candlelight dinners. Self educate yourself on bringing back the romance. Get him in on this process. If it turns out you can't do it on your own then see a marriage counselor. Relationships change and this can require professional help.

You have to engage your husband into their process. Try things you find and make couple time your first priority. You are young and you can try sexual positions or aids to have better sex. AIf he is motivated this can change. If not then that is a bigger problem

If this has been helpful press accept

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think that maybe the problem to him is that he is not "in-love" anymore.. he says he loves me, he acts like he loves me but has lost what it was that made him see me as special. Do you recommend any books or certain techniques as far as starting conversation, should I give him space?
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
Giving him space may add to the distance you feel. You really need to checking out counseling. I would also look at Mars and Venus Together Forever. A marriage counselor would be most effective