Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC

Dear Dr.Keane

Dear Dr.Keane  I'm abit confused with a suituation.I had a few dates with a guy whom is a friend with my sisters partner. at an event I wasnt at he told my sister he see the relationship going nowhere and that was the end of that!few months later I called with a buisness question and he said it was so good to hear from me. To my surpise!As time past by I've thought least off him.what confused me is my sister is having a party? (sometimes thast guy and I talk over txt,buisness question)I knew he had a invite toy sisters party and in a text I said will he be coming along. He's replied he had his children the weekend of party and would txt her grateful for invite.what has come to light is he told afriend who then said to my sister he wants to go but feels unconfortable as I will be there and he would like to take his girlfriend.I txt and said it was a long time ago and I'm happy how things are.He txt me & said that he's not uncomfortable it's out of repect to me? The question is why does he want to go... All my family will be there..he's a friend of my sister partner... And what about his girlfriends feelings? Why would he want to go? Hope this make sense I look forward to hearing from you. Kind reguards :)
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I apologize for the delay in answering your question. I did not see it posted before now. Actually this situation is his problem and if he is doing it out of respect it may just be an excuse. If he really wanted to go, he'd go, he may just be saying that so no one's feelings, especially your sister's, get hurt. I would not worry yourself about his reasoning. You go and have a great time. I apologize again for the delay. Please click accept and leave feedback. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear Dr.Keane

Thankyou for the email.I agree Tony saying he has respect was an excuse (he would of told me he see the relationship going no where if he had respect) anyway he's coming to the party now! I want to handle this gracefully can't you help with any advice as I'm feeling axious...

Thankyou jenny
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 5 years ago.
Hi, if he is there just say hello and move on chatting with others. One recommendation I have for you is to not dwell on him or his being there, anxiety can be quieted by you telling yourself you are fine, there is not tension due to his being there, tell yourself you are there to enjoy the party and anytime you start thinking about his being there or getting anxious tell yourself to stop, literally stop yourself from thinking about it. I am sure once you are there, all this pre-party anxiety will go away. Just enjoy yourself.