psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Hi. My husband and I have just lived apart separately from

Hi. My husband and I have just lived apart separately from each other for about a month since the 'sudden towel' was thrown to me. Even after 3 counselling sessions, he is still determined and decided that we just aren't compatible with each other. I am the only one trying to make it work but he just isn't. What should i do? Do you think there could be a third party involved?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

You are trying the right things. Communication is usually a problem where there are problems. It doesn't mean there is a third party because there are problems. It is possible but it is not the only reason. Only he can tell you if there is a third party. You have to find out the catalyst for this from your husband. The best way to resolve this is through marriage counseling. Many relationships are salvaged through this method. Then your methods may be more effective. If you see it through it may have more of an impact. Of course if he isn't interested it will not be effective. So this is determined by how motivated you and he are to save this. You can't save this on your own. You need his cooperation. Otherwise you have no choice but to let it go

If this was helpful press accept