psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

a guy shows me mixed signals that he likes me,but ends uo driving

Customer Question

a guy shows me mixed signals that he likes me,but ends uo driving with his girlfreind to show me
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
That definately is a mixed signal. If he likes you genuinely then he would not be showing you his girlfriend. I think this is a guy that plays games and is not a considerate thing to do. He is either clueless or he doesn't mind rubbing your nose in his relationship. There is no good reason for this to happen and you may want to look elsewhere for someone more considerate
psychlady, Counselor
Experience: I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
he waves hi to me when ever he sees me,and when shes there he doesnt he acts like he really cares about her
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
im not sure if hes trying to make me jealous or what it really means,and i really have feelings for him.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
You have to find out if he does care about her. Then you know one way or another. Don't be so into him that you let him play this game between you and her. You have to be careful participating if he is enjoying this at the expense of you or her. Find out what you can and see if you are okay with that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yeah but why would he do that,just drive in front of me to show me her,for what?
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
I think he would. This is usually to stroke someone's ego. I don't really feel that a person that does this is considerate of other people's feelings. But that is just me
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so do you think he is trying to ruin my life,and his girlfreind lately everytime she sees me she looks at an smiles
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
I don't think he is trying to ruin your life. I think he is just acting selfishly. I think they are both acting selfishly in fact. I would show them that this doesn't matter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i try my best to hide from them,its just that i have feelings for the guy i cant seem to forget him

Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
Try to forget. He is playing her against you. That is a sign of trouble. Don't you deserve a guy all to yourself
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
playing her for what is he playing her.and im sorry if im bugging you
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
You are not bugging me. I like helping you. What I meant was he is using her to stroke his ego because it is being exposed to you. Playing like he uses her to bug you
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

to bug me because he still has feelings for me,and i dont really care but what should i do to make him jealous

Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
If he is annoying you he has some sort of feelings or else he wouldn't put effort into this. I don't think there is anything that will make him jealous except if you sink to his level
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yeah thats what i think because if i love my spouse i wouldnt try to prove anything to anybody.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
Exactly!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so i should ignore him and pretend hes not there.but it just buggs me why he hates me
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
Yes. It will show that you are not his play toy. If he doesn't get a reaction he may stop. He probably doesn't hate you ; He just enjoys getting a reaction
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
well i went to his face once and told him dont be saying hi to me,i dont needyour his
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
I wouldn't be confrontational. Then he gets that reaction. The opposite of love is indifference. Show him indifference.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
show him that i dont like,but i do, what should i do
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
Show him that you like him but you won't play games. If he rides by with his girlfriend then that is something you don't want to tolerate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
he does drive with alot,and hes always with her so i guess i should back off
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
Definitely. Play the game by backing off. Don't give him a chance to make you crazy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
he already did, he drve me nuts for da past year,and i just cant get over it.i feel like hes pretending to be happy with her just to irrate me,but i really like him.how do i pull him out of this an make mine again.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
He may be. I would challenge him. Tell him you want a relationship with the two of you. You have nothing to lose. He can say no. So go for it. But don't participate in girlfriend. If he comes down the street, ignore him.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
or should i apologize to him and tell to lets forget everything ever happened,or just leave things the way they are,because shes really attached to him,i dont think she will let him go that easy
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
I don't think so either. The choice to apologize is up to you. If you do this see where he stands with the relationship but then walk if it doesn't help
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok your right, the only reason hes doing this is to show me that he doesnt want me.but i cant get over it.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
You will get over him and find someone better. We always think we can't find someone better but we always do. Let him go and you will have a chance to meet someone without a girlfriend. You deserve that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
your thank you so much for your timeand effort.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
I hope this was helpful and you are happy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im not happy but i appreciate your advice.

Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry. I hope it works out. You deserve better
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
he drives sometimes and gives me a dirty look.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
Don't worry about that. You don't want to misinterpret
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what type of guy do you think he is,by all his actions.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
I think he is selfish and kind of hurtful. But that is for you to decide
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
one time he was driving by with her an he turns his head to see were im at,and when he came back driving home he drives slow and his girlfreind looks to see were im at.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
You know what would be better than him getting his rocks off with this, is you proceeding to your destination appearing as if it doesn't bother you. When it isn't fun they will stop doing it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
but what type of relationship do they have together since there doinng all this to me,cause i know hes just using her to irritate me. and shes all right with it.i dont think he really loves her
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
Obviously they have a relationship based on being mean to others. She is willing to irritate and he is willing to let her. What does that say about both of them. If he loves her and this is how he is then let her have him whether you want to or not
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so i guess he doesnt have feelings for me anymore,but why does he try to hurt me if he doesnt want me anymore.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
Maybe because this strokes his ego. Don't participate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
strokes his ego, what does that mean to hurt me
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
No it says nothing about you. I am wondering if having both you and girlfriend's attention makes him feel more important. He enjoys your attention and hers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
look im sorry im pushing this too far but i need some advise to forget him,its like every minute hes in my mind. i feel pathetic about this situation.....i cant to let go.
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
You aren't pathetic. You just have a fresh breakup that doesn't make much sense. I wish I had a magic wand or something that would help you forget but there is no such thing. You can try to find as many distractions in life as possible but in the end time is the only thing that really helps. You do have to make up your mind that it is over so you can move on. Through hard work and determination you will learn to forget him. Also consider that he is brazen enough to rub his girlfriend in your face.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
brazen to rub her im my face, for what?
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
So that he gets attention - yours and hers. Let him think it doesn't bother you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so i just wanna know does he have feelings for me,do you think?
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
He seems to have feelings for you or he wouldn't go out of his way to tease you. I just don't think someone that does that deserves a nice girl like you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
why cant he confront me and tell me how he feels about me.