psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

When you start to lose patience with your boyfriend, and start

When you start to lose patience with your boyfriend, and start to feel like he's become a headache to you is it time to end the relationship? I am in a relationship with someone who has no desire for sex, is inflexible, has enormous road rage which is beginning to scare me, has no life of his own, has been in so called recovery for 26 years (AA) has ocd, major stomach problems all the time, is a pessimist, yet he smothers me with affection (but no sex), lavishes me with trips albeit to where he wants to go and stay and eat, etc., insists on helping me out financially, and yet why do I feel as if I am being controlled? A girl should like this right? I am feeling smothered. Yet it is hard to resist the wonderful gifts and money and trips.....
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

I am sorry for the delay I could not get online. NO girl should want to be controlled. This is unacceptable and an indicator that this is not a healthy relationship. I can't say when you lose patience it's time to quit, but I can say that when you are scared or he is being controlled it is time to quit. No girl should tolerate either one of these situations. Feeling smothered is a sign that the relationship is unhealthy and that there is not a firm basis to have a long term relationship. Gifts don't compensate you for a healthy relationship based on compatibility and emotional satisfaction. Instead of taking gifts look for a guy who can be kind without making you feel that he has to buy your love.

If this has been helpful press accept