psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Hi, I met a man online ,we have been talking to each other

Hi, I met a man online ,we have been talking to each other for 8wks. become very very close, have strong feelings for each other. the problem is he ran into a situation which he need extra funds and I understand his spot.(he asked me for some help with it no matter how small he says,I feel very uncomfortable in doing it and told him so, I do not feel I know him well enough yet for that, and I have never given a man money, and was raised to believe that is not the way it is suppose to be.he said he understands and loves me still (after we had a strong disagreement) and that he would not talk about that again because he did not want us to argue, Iam I wrong? should I have?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

You did the right thing! As adults we have to resolve our problems without using a new relationship to do this. If you don't have the security and trust that is rooted in a lengthy committed relationship then don't do it. It kind of changes things as well. Once money changes hands there is an uneasy feeling. It can ruin a relationship. I would avoid the subject and focus on other more positive parts of this relationship and I would not feel guilty. You can support him emotionally through a crisis without it being financially

If this has been helpful press accept