Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

This girl I used to date for a short time recently told my

This girl I used to date for a short time recently told my friend, who's dating her sister, that she didn't really give me a chance because of the state of mind she was in.. She had just got out of a bad relationship and now it has been 5 months since I've seen/talked to her and I really like her and do miss her. I sent her a messagethe night before my buddy told me she had said that, stating I've been thinking about her and still care about her but she never responded, I know that's not good, but maybe she still doesn't know what she wants..? Wondering if I should keep thinking that she will come around and her and I would start hanging out again..
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 3 years ago.

Even if she does not know what she wants in regard to relationships, that does not prevent her from acknowledging your message.

She had had a chance with you and may be regretting what had happened. That does not in itself indicate that she would want to rekindle the relationship. At this point, you've got to figure out what you want (do you want to put your life on hold w/o the guarantee that she's thinking of coming around) It's been five months and if you have not heard from her on her own initiative in any way, it may be best to keep your options flexible and move on. If she contacts you again, there is no guarantee that things will work this time (she may still have her own issues to deal with and you're not expected to wait indefinitely for her to straighten them out) She may have an issue with commitment and trust and she alone has to manage these within herself before she is ready for a steady relationship. Past behavior is a good indicator of future behavior.

Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience: Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Very true thank you, XXXXX XXXXX talking to my friend today that knows her and he confuses me, he goes, "We all just need to hang out one night and get drunk". And then just today I asked what should I do about her, basically what would you do, do u think she will come around? He said, " probably no". I don't understand her either.. Why say that comment I told you about above in the original question to my buddy probably knowing I'm gonna know she said it? Then not respond to a simple message.. Confused I guess :)
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.