psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Wants to stay up her ex boyfriends house!

my girlfriend does not feel like she can stay at my parents house when i am not here and im going away tomorow and she cant go home because her mam has kicked her out. The problem is she is going to be staying up her ex boyfriends flat and i dont want her to. I have told her i would rather not go away than let her do that. I dont think she would cheat on me, well i hope not but im more worried about him being violent to her she answerd him back the other week and he grabbed her around the neck. can you help me out with this situation?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

You have to continue to encourage her to avoid any interaction with this person. Violence is never acceptable. But she is an adult and she has to make her own decision. She may feel awkward with your parents. Find out if there is a girlfriend that she can stay with and look for alternative solutions. As far as her wanting you to do things on your own, that is a reasonable request. You need some sense of independence. You need your own friends. This is healthy for a relationship. Work on both of these issues as a couple and see if you can find solutions together to solve such problems

If this is helpful press accept