Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

i am a some what shy person and my friend is just open.he gets

Customer Question

i am a some what shy person and my friend is just open.he gets upset if i just sits there and says nothing im not open at all what can i do to improve my communication leavel and make my relation ship work better
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 5 years ago.
Being shy and not open is your personality. He needs to accept you for who you are as a person. You can't help it if you are shy, but if you would like to change, you can start by just saying what is on your mind. Be honest in who you are and don't hide your feelings. If you want to say something just say it. Some times I understand you probably would like to sit quietly and not say a word. But he wants you to communicate better. Its not easy for everyone to just start a conversation up. Some people it comes natural, but others may have trouble. But that's ok. That is who you are, you are shy. It takes time to be comfortable to open up. But one way is to begin by saying what is on your mind. Don't ever be embarrassed to say what you are thinking. Just speak your mind. If you have anymore question I will be happy to answer.