psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I am a 45 year old woman who was seeing a man for 8 weeks after

I am a 45 year old woman who was seeing a man for 8 weeks after e mailing for a couple of weeks. The first date was amazing, we both felt so "at ease". For the next 7 weeks we spoke most days and saw each other a couple of times a week, despite both ahving children and full time jobs to work around. Then last weekend he stopped calling. He said his phone had stopped working, but I am in teh phone book. On Tuesday we met and he said that he had very warm feelings for me, but didnt love me and was not able to give a relationship 100% at the moment. he wasn't sure if eh would see me again...
Another week has almost passed with no contact, but I don'tunderstand what went wrong...and its driving me mad...
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
That is very odd. However since the only one that knows is him then you have to let this go. When you meet someone else, you won't care what the reason is. He obviously isn't in an emotional place for a relationship. Even if it is another reason, the outcome is the same. If you really are honest with yourself you can let this short relationship go, and go on as if it doesn't matter. I would do everything I could to just focus on other things.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If I dont understand what wnet wrong how do I stop it happening again?
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
You are assuming you did something wrong. Something could have happened that is all about him. It may have nothing to do with something that could happen again