psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

Just wondering .Does it seem to you that she feels guilty .thats

Just wondering .Does it seem to you that she feels guilty .that's what it sounds like to me. Why didn't she offer to be friends? The only other possibility I think was she was saying that she was so depressed she couldn't give anything to anybody because she just broke up with her boyrfriend who was her first love.
So maybe I shouldn't contact her anymore. I just said don't be sad, you've already given me a lot just by being yourself. maybe that will make her feel worse, I don't know. just frustrated. I thought worse-case scenario we could be friends but she made it even heavier than it was.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
What is her relationship to you? How long have you known each other? Why does she have a boyfriend?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She used to have a boyfriend. I know because on her profile she has photos of their kissing and hugging and doing romantic things like lying together on the grass.Then further down there is poetry about how the relationship failed. What strange is she still has the photos on the profile which tells me she may not be over this guy. I just met her on the internet a while back and we started flirting. Like I said she sent me winks and love on tag, told me I was amazing and that she really liked me. So I thought she was interested and when I asked her if she were single she said yes. And when I told her I would like to teach her to swim so I could hold her she said how lucky am I. When I pressed her about the boyfriend she said she hadn't lied but the relationship was over. The reason I said that
when she said she had nothing to give me might mean she is not ready for a relationship again because I felt the same way after my marriage with my wife failed and a woman fell deeply in love with me. I just wasn't ready to love again.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
The only person that knows how over him she is is her. If she still has pictures up, that suggests that she is not over him. Taking the pictures down is a way of moving on. If you contact her and she seems to not be ready I would definitely let it go. You don't want to be in a position where she is stuck on him. I think there is a very real possibility that it's too soon. You can be friends in the hope that she can distance herself from him eventually. If you are uncertain about the present just ask