MrsRuss0114, LCSW
Experience:  B.A.Psychology, MSW, LCSW, HS-BCP; 8+ yrs experience.

I met a young lady online and we started chatting. we flirted

Customer Question

I met a young lady online and we started chatting. we flirted a lot and she told me she really liked my personality and that I was amazing.
she called me honey and sweetie a ot. When I asked her if she were single she said yes.
Yet when I tried to ask her on a date she said she just wanted to be friends.
Yes, there is a big age difference and I asked her about this and she said it didn't matter.
I jokingly told her that I could please any woman and she replied that I should get it out of my head that I could please any woman and that her being single didn't mean should could be my sweetheart. she also told me the most important thing was I was okay and then just signed off hugs and kisses see ya. I don't know what to do as I really do like her.
what do you advise?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  MrsRuss0114 replied 5 years ago.

Russ0114 : Hello and thank you for choosing just answer, I look forward to assisting you.
Russ0114 : Hello, if you've already expressed how you feel, it's best that you respect her wish to be friends now and respect her boundaries. Now, you can share with her that her calling you names of endearment is a bit confusing for you as you don't know how to take her. Hopefully she'll be able to provide some clarification so that you can now how to interact with her. If you really like her, you have to be patient and hopefully things will begin to move in the relationship direction.

okay. I made a mistake. After she told me that I asked her if she liked my personality and

why did she refuse to date me.

Russ0114 : She may just have some reservations and she may want to talk to you more before she agrees to go on a date with you.
Russ0114 : When you say there's an age difference are you older than her and what's the age gap?

how can I continue to interact with her without sounding desperate and is there anything I can do to mamake her miss me such as disappearing for a while. thanks.

Russ0114 : The key for you here is going to be allowing her to take the lead. Let her initiate the interaction and don't go out of your way to be available. Meaning if you're in the middle of something don't stop what you're doing to talk with her. However, if you're available then go ahead and interact with her.

still there. I didnt get your last answer.

Russ0114 : What was the last response you got from me?

i think the terms of endearment might be cultural since she's arab but what gave me hope

was she said I was amazing, kept laughing at my jokes and said she really liked my personality.

about not being available.

Russ0114 : And she may truly feel that way but she may have also that things were moving to fast and she needed to slow things down. You're going to have to be patient and see where things go.
Russ0114 : Did you get my question to you about the age gap?
Russ0114 : If you found this interaction helpful, please press accept.
Russ0114 : Okay, you're back.

okay. thank you . I'll keep you posted what happens.