MrsRuss0114, LCSW
Experience:  B.A.Psychology, MSW, LCSW, HS-BCP; 8+ yrs experience.

Hi Im a grown adult and want to leave home. Why do my parents

Hi I'm a grown adult and want to leave home. Why do my parents never want me to leave home? I'm 24 but they always treat me like I'm 14. I try being the adult in the situation and talking to them calmly. But all they do is swear their head off at me and give me no answers.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  MrsRuss0114 replied 5 years ago.

Russ0114 : Hello and thank you for choosing just answer, I look forward to assisting you.
Russ0114 : your parents will always see you as their child no matter how old you are. As you stated, you're a grown adult and if you have the means and resources to move out on your own you don't need your parents permission to do so. It doesn't sound like you've ever been on your own and they may be worried about you doing so for the first time. This is a situation where you have to show and prove. Begin taking the steps necessary to get out on your own, once you have everything in place, you need to tell your parents what you're doing and not ask them to do so.
Russ0114 : If this information was helpful, please press accept, feedback is encouraged and appreciated.