Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  24 years in a private practice
16903060

Hi, I have been seeing a girl for five months. She has been

Customer Question

Hi, I have been seeing a girl for five months. She has been previoulsy married, during this time her partner cheated on her with her best friend, then had a child with her and then he overdosed on drugs. During the first two months we were toghether everthing was great, we did sleep together, but she only ever wanted to be friends. She has opened up to me and told me a lot about her marriage etc. Recently I expressed my feelings and she ran away and is now seeing other guys as friends, not sure in what respect. I recently asked her to be honest with me and tell were I stood. She txt me and said I should i move on, however one week later she has come over bought me a present. At all times she has left me in the dark eg. I have not met her friends or family. When she did come over recently my mother was here and she I am not sure how she took it, i also said I had moved on and was looking forwards to the future. She has got me totally confused. Please help
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Doctor Kevin replied 5 years ago.

Kevin Kappler :

My opinion is that her telling you to move on was about the best advice she could give you. She is clearly not ready for another relationship although she clearly wants one. You will spend too much time helping her face the feelings she has and her fear of trusting someone again. Sometimes a relationship is just too high maintenance to make it worthwhile.